KSRplayer JOIN IN 2013 ONE FOUNDATION SHENZHEN(YANTIAN) MOUNTAIN MARATHON RACE
KSRplayer JOIN IN RUN FOR LOVE—2013 ONE FOUNDATION SHENZHEN(YANTIAN) MOUNTAIN MARATHON RACE
MORE than 10,000 people from 18 countries and regions will take part in the fifth "Run for Love" charity marathon on the morning of Dec. 15, on a route that includes Dameisha Beach Park and Maluan Mountain Park on the city's east side.
Organized by the charitable One Foundation, the annual marathon has been held in Yantian District since 2009 to raise money for poor children in western China.
The event includes three races: a full-length marathon of about 42 km, a half-marathon of about 21 km and a 10-km run. Organizers of the event will also set up a 5-km path along the seashore for an additional group of 100 big donors, who each will need to contribute at least 10,000 yuan (US$1,631) to join the event.
The event had raised 185,732 yuan as of yesterday. The money will be donated to a subsidiary of the foundation.
Under the program, 65,000 "warm bags" - each of which contains 12 items, including cotton-padded clothes, gloves, shoes and a kangaroo toy - will be sent to needy children in 18 provinces that suffer from extreme weather conditions during winter.
Ma Xiao, president of the Shenzhen Mountaineering and Outdoor Sports Association, yesterday advised participants to arrive by public transportation to avoid traffic congestion on Shenzhen's eastern side.
"Half of the runners will already have attended the 2013 Shenzhen International Marathon on Sunday," said Yang Peng from One Foundation. "They are encouraged to get adequate rest and gather strength in the week between the events."
City details traffic plans for Sunday's marathon
A TOTAL of 156 bus routes will be adjusted Sunday on Shennan Boulevard, Shennan Road Central and the Shennan Road East section between Hongling Road and Bao'an Road because of traffic controls for the 2013 Shenzhen Angel International Marathon.
Bus service along the roads will return to normal after the event is completed at 1:30 p.m., Shenzhen's transportation commission said yesterday.
Traffic controls will start at 6 a.m. Sunday. People are encouraged to use Metro service when possible.
Police will impose controls gradually, section by section, according to the progress of the 42-km race from Shenzhen Civic Center square to Nantou Checkpoint, and then from west to east from Nantou Checkpoint to Hongling Road. The race ends in Civic Center Square in Futian District.
1. 12 a.m. to 1 p.m. The Civic Center area, surrounded by Jintian Road, Yitian Road, Shennan Boulevard and Fuzhong Road
2. 7 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. Shennan Boulevard section between Caitian Flyover and Xinzhou Flyover
3. 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. Xinzhou Flyover to Hongshulin Road on Shennan Boulevard
4. 7:05 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. Hongshulin Road and Shahe Road East
5. 7:20 a.m. to 9 a.m. Shahe Road East to Nantou High School area
6. 7:35 a.m. to 9:50 a.m. Nantou High School (westbound) to Shenzhen University area (eastbound)
7. 7:50 a.m. to 10:40 a.m. Shenzhen University to Splendid China?China Folk Culture Villages
8. 8:05 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Splendid China?China Folk Culture Villages to Xiangmihu Resort area
9. 8:20 a.m. to 12 p.m. Xiangmihu Resort area to Huaqiang Road
10. 8:40 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. Huaqiang Road to Bao'an Road
11. 8:55 a.m. to 1 p.m. Huafu Road to Shenzhen Civic Center.
Police also will control traffic on roads linking with Shennan Road and Shennan Boulevard, including Bao'an Road, Hong-ling Road, Shangbu Road, Huaqiangbei Road, Huafu Road, Xiangmei Road, Shahe Road East and Nanshan Boulevard.
Winston wang (Sales Manager) from KSRplayer company Join in this marathon.Conducted on-site charity.we are enjoy this event.Let us run for love .contribute to the community to help more as our best is our KSRplayer corporate culture.